Fourth Period (1930-1960):
- The Villa Juana emerges during this time, an
expansion of Independencia.
- The Zone of Gazcue, an assembly of large and
small expansions, is boardered to the East by Lugo and Dr. Delgado,
to the West by Máximo Gómez, to the South by the Caribbean sea, and
to the North by the old General Andrew Airport. Bolívar Avenue is
the main street of the sector. During the trujillista era, the Law
of Urbanization, Public Adornment, and Construction required the
organization of old streets and blocks. Likewise, the city's first
condominiums or apartment buildings were installed here, though they
were not under zoning law until 1958.
- Social Improvement Neighborhood. The first
housing project of a social character developed by the Dominican
State. Inaugurated in 1940. Dwellings were cost-effective: stone
masonry walls 30 cm thick, partitions of hollow brick, reinforced
concrete ceiling, and cement floors. 65 square meters were often
distributed between a living room, two bedrooms, a dining room, a
kitchen, and a bathroom with shower and toilet. Other apartments
were smaller (45 square meters).