OAS Internships – Applications open! Summer Session | Session II – 2019
WHY INTERN AT THE OAS?
Because the Organization of American States (OAS) is the main political forum of the region that promotes and supports democracy, human rights, security and integral development in the Americas. The OAS seeks to prevent conflicts and to bring political stability, social inclusion and prosperity to the region through dialogue and collective action.
From January 26th until February 24th, 2019
Summer Session 2019 (Washington, D.C.)
Session II – 2019 (Country Offices and Special Programs)
Requirements to Apply
- Have a grade average of3.0 out of 4 on an American scale or equivalent, depending on the country (this means the top 25% of your class).
- While it is not required to be a student at the time of application, those who are must be at least in their second year of undergraduate studies.
- Master two of the four official languages of the OAS (Spanish, French, English and Portuguese). For Country Offices you must speak at least the language of the office you are applying.
- Fill out the electronic application form.
- Application form only available in our website www.oas.org/internships
You may apply for the Program at Headquarters (Washington, DC) and Country Offices, but you will only be able to accept one.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume with Cover letter. No Picture (CV/Resume with picture will not be accepted and will disqualify your application.)
*Note! Documents are received in any of the four official languages of the Organization (Spanish, French, English and Portuguese). However, versions in English or Spanish are strongly recommended.
Please bear in mind that incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.