Actions to Confront Violence Against Women
Institutional Actions to Confront Violence Against Women in the Dominican Republic:
- Ministry of Women programs to prevent and confront domestic violence and violence against women.
- Creation through Decree 423-98 of the National Commission for the Prevention and Fight Against Domestic Violence -CONAPLUVI, for its acronym in Spanish- and its strategic plan.
- Development of the National Model of Attention.
- Creation of special departments to attend to female victims of violence in:
- Attorney General’s Office of the Dominican Republic.
- Prosecutor of the National District has several specialized programs
- Unit of Prosecution and Prevention of Gender-based Violence
- Care Center for Survivors of Violence
- Department of Childhood, Adolescence and the Family
- Behavioral Intervention Center for Men
- Ministry of Health (MISPAS, for its acronym in Spanish)
- Standards of health care for female victims of violence.
- Department of Attention to Battered Women.
- Unit of Attention and Prevention of Pregnancy in Adolescents in Public Hospitals.
- Department of Protection of Women in the National Police.
- Friendly Detachments of Women
- Departments and Attorneys specialized in dealing with domestic violence and violence against women, in the Office of the Prosecutor of the National District and in the interior.
- Department of Women and Minors in the Ministry of Foreign Relations (MIREX, for its acronym in Spanish).
- Implementation of the National Program for Attention and Prevention of Violence Against Women in All of the Country.
- Updating of the National Gender Equity Plan, with particular emphasis on the subject of violence against women.
Source: Ministry of Women